Yesterday afternoon the snow began to fall - the first snowfall
the kids spent the afternoon outside with the puppies
This is the first time our puppies have seen snow
The snow kept falling and the puppies were anxious to play outside in it all evening
by this morning - the temperature - a chilly 25 degrees
a few inches of snow on the ground
and wood stove burning - keeping us warm -
it felt more like a morning in March than late October
After I dropped the kids off at school this morning I headed down to our boat,
It's still at the dock, (we're always one of the last boats out of the water)
we were hoping to squeeze in one more cruise on the lake this weekend
before the season's end
before the season's end
But this morning I had to scrape and shovel the boat;
it's always cold here in the Mountains by October's end,
but shoveling the boat off was a first!
but shoveling the boat off was a first!
Guess it's time to take the boat out and say farewell to the water for the season,
but maybe just one last ride tomorrow before more snow arrives -
Now, I must go dig out the warm jackets, gloves, hats and mittens -
we'll need them out on the water;
Now, I must go dig out the warm jackets, gloves, hats and mittens -
we'll need them out on the water;
Yes, we're expecting more snow over the weekend :-)
**Update - 8 to 12 inches Saturday night/Sunday morning-OMG - it is October, right?***
**Update - 8 to 12 inches Saturday night/Sunday morning-OMG - it is October, right?***
Happy Weekending!


Mike mentioned that you guys were in for a snow storm this weekend. He wasn't kidding. I hope you guys are safe and not letting it bring down your Halloween spirits. The puppies are looking so cute.
ReplyDelete