With the early spring we're having this year - temps in the 40's and a this weekend we might hit 60 wow!
Spring Skiing for sure, Cole is thinking about wearing shorts, I advised him otherwise :-)
But with all the warmth snow has been melting rapidly
and sunny days have allowed the riding ring to open up!
So on the first day the ring was ready - She was Back in the Saddle
It's obvious she's right where she should be
Nikki is preparing herself for a season of Jumping -
yes she'll be jumping in Shows this season at 9 years old;
She's thrilled she had enough points to move into jumping this year
I'm so happy for her, but I may be holding my breath a bit
because jumping in lessons is entirely different from jumping in shows
it seems it's so much more, well, unpredictable :-)
Okay, I won't talk on that now...
As for me, I'm slowly getting back in the saddle too,
yes she'll be jumping in Shows this season at 9 years old;
She's thrilled she had enough points to move into jumping this year
I'm so happy for her, but I may be holding my breath a bit
because jumping in lessons is entirely different from jumping in shows
it seems it's so much more, well, unpredictable :-)
Okay, I won't talk on that now...
As for me, I'm slowly getting back in the saddle too,
not riding horses just yet - still a few more weeks before the dr.'s allow me to do that -
but I am feeling stronger everyday and getting back to some normal activities.
The sunshine, warm days and watching Nikki ride, Cole Ski
and Spring clearly on it's way is making me feel like I'm almost me again!
P.S. The tulips are popping out of the ground and it's only mid-March in NH - seriously.
P.S. The tulips are popping out of the ground and it's only mid-March in NH - seriously.
Happy Weekending
-Erin
Hasn't the weather just been phenomenal this whole winter. I keep telling myself not to get used to it because I know next winter we will probably get major payback. Glad to see that your kids are taking full advantage of it. I'm sure Nikki was super excited to get back on the saddle. It's also good to hear that you are healing nicely. The girls remember to mention you in our family prayers each night.
ReplyDeleteHappy St. Patty's Day!